Thursday, October 29, 2009

Adventures in Barcelona (Day 2)

Meta Subject First: This is strange to me. I don't really write in my blog about my day to day goings on - and this sort of feels like that. The blog isn't usually meant to be my daily journal.

I try to write about experiences that inspire me, and this qualifies... so I guess it's OK.

DAY 2 - Woke up at 11:00! Had breakfast in a little dive where no one spoke English. My meager Spanish got us through with exactly what we ordered:

  1. Dos cafes con leche - did I say the coffee here was magnificent? I think it was an understatement.

  2. Juevos y patates frites for me - my arteries hardened just looking at them.

  3. Juevos y beicon for Kathleen - per Kathleen they tasted like a mix between Ham and Bacon.




Went to two Museums

  1. Disseny Hub Barcelona - very odd indeed! Devoted to souvenirs and other oddities. I'll post photos later.

  2. Picasso Museum - there is nothing so humbling as seeing the masterworks made by a 13 year old picasso.



Had noodles for a late lunch, took a nap, had black rice for dinner and went dancing until 2.

Went to bed and slept like a rock!

Day 2: Like it.

Muchas Gracias

No comments: